Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Lots to cover...


My poor sick baby! The text on these pages of one of our favorite books, "Quiet, Loud," says it all for this week. Preston has his first cold and it's been a tough one. It started Friday, and as of this Wednesday afternoon, is still here. I know- I totally jinxed myself by reporting on his new cute, "social cough." I guess it wasn't so social after all, because you should hear the real one he's got going on. His eyes are red and watery, he's sneezing constantly and I'm officially one of those moms whose kid has snot running down their face. I did get him into the doctor yesterday and the plan was to give him these safe for baby, prescription decongestant drops which we did last night. Let's just say that they didn't make him sleep any better. Our personal plan of attack has been to nurse as much as possible since I want him to get as many vitamins and as much immunity from me as he can.


Because of this cold, Preston was unable to meet his new cousin. But he'd still like to say,
WELCOME BABY JACOB!!!!
Look at this precious little one that Preston's Uncle Matthew and Aunt Heather brought into the world on Good Friday. He was 8lbs 2oz and has a head full of brown hair. Preston can't wait until he's just a little bit older so that he can play with him! He is a long-awaited miracle and I'm looking forward to this cold being gone so that P can meet the new addition to the Erb family. Grandchild number 10!

Speaking of Erb Grandchildren, Mark and Nicol find out very soon what they are having! Stay tuned!


For Easter, we traveled to Elkhart and spent the night with Nana on Saturday, then Sunday attended a beautiful church service and brunch with Grandma and Grandpa Roberts and Aunt Tori and Uncle Collin. Preston looked so darn dapper in his button down shirt, khakis, and sweater vest. I can't believe I didn't get a full-length picture. He was in the throws of the cold climax, so I was lucky to get a few brief smiles, but you can still tell he wasn't himself. Poor thing- we felt awful. It was really hard for Kevin and I to see him so sick.





Here are a couple of cute pictures from the evening that Kevin was recognized by the Art Museum. They were taken by Kristin Fisher, whom, as I've mentioned before, Preston is totally enamored with. She is so good with kids and was kind enough to watch him for a few hours that evening during the exhibit before we took him to dinner. Kristin is a very talented photographer so she took these two pictures of him while she was here. SHE added the text and it could be more true. I love how she showed off the brown and blue of his eye in the second one.




Speaking of talented photographers, you all know Betsy by now, and recently, we met on the fly with the boys at P's favorite coffee joint, The Friendly Fox. Well, of couse Betsy had her camera and put together this little photo montage of Preston and Miles... How cute!!!! (And when I say "cute," I'm certainly not referring to my t-shirt and pony tail ensemble. Avert your eyes from me, but check out these little guys!) Enjoy!


Preston had me amazed today at my mom's group as he sat up for most of the entire thing. Yep, there are plenty of babies who sit through that group. Some even as young as 4 or 5 months. But while P has taken his time to sit up, he's certainly adorable when he does it.

Now who can argue with THAT???

6 comments:

Kevin Erb said...

Aunt Kristin, I think she meant to say it couldn't be more true. Unless, of course, she did mean to say it could be more true. Which means you have some work to do to truly earn our son's affection.

Erin said...

Yep. That's what I meant. "COULDN'T be more true" is more like it. What can I say- I have permanent sleep deprivation.

Betsy King said...

THANK YOU for your awesome post! I miss the Erb family and of couse that little Preston. He's so cute!!!!!

THanks for posting our little boy's first BFF montage. ; )

Miss you!!!

Anonymous said...

I love this blog, because it's about Preston and I. That's all the good things in life. I miss my Erb family. Charleston is wonderful. Life is good.

All my love, aunt Kristin

Betsy King said...

I tried to post this last week, but the Ozark's internet was pretty wonky. Anyway, I LOVE this blog. I love that first photo of P reading about sniffles. HE IS SO CUTE!!! Even when he is sick. Miss you guys!

Great pics Kristen. Are you trying to tell me you want to have a shoot off of Preston, cuz bring it girl! Bring it ON!! ; )

Unknown said...

so now that the party's over, i get to share my creation for foster's birthday...enjoy! :)

http://vid91.photobucket.com/albums/k310/zaphiro/FosterTurns2.flv