Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I've lost my feet!


It's official. At 28 weeks and 1 day, a week into my third trimester, I've completely lost my feet. When I look down, all I can see is belly, unless I peek around to the side. Another interesting foot-fact that has occured is my cankles. Yep, when it's extremely hot and humid, I've been on my feet too long, or haven't had enough water, my ankles disappear and my calf goes straight to my foot, leaving only a "cankle." Thankfully, this has only happened on a few occasions and I'm doing my best to keep it that way. But truly- what's a girl to do when high heels are calling her name?! And finally, as you can see, I got brave for this belly shot and decided to bear some skin- no strechmarks and no outie belly button so far. (KNOCKING ON WOOD!) With 11 weeks to go, I know I'm not out of the woods yet, but for the most part, I'm still feeling good and have begun to bounce back from my illness the past two weeks. I'm so thankful to Kevin who is beyond attentive to whatever I need. I hope he knows that will, of course, be expected to continue once the baby is born! :)

I was lucky enough to spend a day last week shopping with my 13 year old sister, Tori. Let me tell you- when you are feeling like nothing fits and shopping for maternity clothes doesn't seem so exciting- take a 13 year old girl along. She was great for my self esteem and helped me pick out several new outfits for upcoming events. Thanks again, Tori!!

Kevin and I are still working on the nursery- now that the crib is assembled, the current project is window treatments, hopefully to be completed this week! I'm really looking forward to getting things put together and posting more pictures, but so far, we are thrilled with how it's taking shape. Baby Erb's closet is officially getting stuffed full- he has a good 30 or so outfits in his wardrobe now, including some never-worn name brand onesies and sleepers I snagged at our neighborhood garage sale for a mere $5- talk about a bargain!

Our next doctor's appointment is this Thursday- it's the one-hour gestational diabetes test where I'll drink a substance similar to orange soda, then have a blood draw to test for the presence of GD. At this point, I have some specific questions for the doctor about the baby's movement and also his presentation (whether he's head down or breech.) And we are also beginning to think about finding a pediatrician. Lots to do yet...Stay tuned for an update!

3 comments:

Holli said...

Yay! I'm so glad you posted a bare belly pic. You're absolutely gorgeous! That's a human inside there! What a miracle!

Anonymous said...

I think you are absolutely beautiful. That belly looks wonderful and I'm so excited my grandson is in there!!
I love you!

Anonymous said...

Uncle Bob here...just checking in. Looking great!! See you in a few weeks.