Monday, April 16, 2007

Halfway there!

Somehow, the chorus from Bon Jovi's "Living on a Prayer" has been playing in my mind all day. "Whoa-oh! We're halfway there, oh-ohh- Livin' on a prayer!" Ok, enough of the '80s rock, but don't act like you don't know the tune.

Yes, as of today, we are halfway through this pregnancy. When I look back to the beginning, it seems like just yesterday we were staring in shock at two pink lines, but in other respects, it feels as if it's taken forever to get this far. I can't complain, as I have truly had things go unbelievably well up to this point- crossing my fingers that the next 20 weeks follow suit.

The baby is now almost 12 ounces and over nine inches long. My belly is continuing to grow and I'm feeling more movement, which is my very favorite thing so far- much better than the 4 nightly trips to the bathroom.

Be sure to check in on Friday- our next appointment is early afternoon, so we are hoping to have some exciting GENDER news to share! Of course, if you'd like to wager a guess, I'd be happy to hold on to everyone's money until the winner is determined.

Lastly, our thoughts and prayers are with the Virginia Tech victims and their families today, as they work through the grief of the tragedy they've experienced as a campus community. We wish them strength, healing and peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Halfway there is VERY exciting. And of course I know the song. I can hardly stand it until Friday. It's hard to believe in the midst of such joy, there can be things as tragic as the students faced today at Virginia Tech. Our prayers are with them and their families, and prayers of thanks as well, for those of us who enjoy so many blessings.