Monday, February 19, 2007

12 weeks



Today was our 12 week ultrasound and everything looked perfect! We have definitely passed a hurdle today as our chance of miscarriage drops dramatically and we are well past the point that we lost the twins. My doctor is so wonderful and told us again today that he feels great about everything. I had a small sub chorianic hemorrhage that was seen on the past two ultrasounds, and today the tech couldn't find it, so it looks like it's gone!!

Kevin and I were both amazed at how much the baby has grown in just two and a half weeks! It is measuring right at 12 weeks and the heartbeat was healthy and strong at 166 beats per minute. We once again were lucky enough to see it wiggle around on the screen which is so beautiful to me that I cry every time. Maybe that's the hormones...?

We of course prodded at the tech to see if she could give her best guess of the gender, but her response was 50/50. (thanks- we could have told ya that.) We are confident that they'll be able to tell for sure by my 18-20 week ultrasound. We're so eager to start buying things (ok, I am so eager to start buying things) and planning the nursery.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A miracle. What a beautiful baby! I'm filled with joy!

Unknown said...

Dear Baby Erb:

Good morning. It is so early in the morning right now - aside from the early morning feedings you'll experience with mom and dad during the next year or so, you will hopefully not see the likes of 2:30 a.m. until you're much older.

You don't know me yet, but your amazing parents have introduced me to you via 3-D photos which, by all accounts, are thrilling and miraculous. They make you seem so much more "real" than you are, I feel as if we've already met. But we haven't...and I can't wait until we do!

So for the time, you just keep hangin' in there and being strong for mommy. If you have a say in it, be a boy for daddy. He'd like that. (He'll like it if you're a girl too, but I have a feeling he'll be thrilled if you grow a penis.)

No matter what, no matter how cramped you might get in there...just stick to your guns (and mommy's uterus) and I'll see you in about 6 months. You have no idea how great your life will be, but trust me--I know how much you're already loved--things are going to be great.


See you as soon as you're ready,

Uncle J