Wednesday, February 14, 2007

11w2d


I am almost out of my first trimester!

After a positive pregnancy test on Christmas morning, we know this baby was meant to be. It has certainly been going as well as can be expected, especially with such a nervous mama. So far- so good.

Unfortunately, Kevin's grandfather passed away this week and we have the viewing and funeral amidst all this snow on Thursday and Friday. We are so sad, but also know he is in a place of peace to watch over the baby for the next 6+ months. So goes the circle of life, as we know he would have been thrilled for us. Having the funeral on Friday also means my next ultrasound appointment scheduled for Friday has been pushed back to Monday, when I will be exactly 12 weeks. This will be our 4th ultrasound so far and each one has brought good news and a peak at our little bean. We are very lucky to have a doctor who has calmed many of my fears by offering us ultrasounds every 2 weeks. Above is the bean at 9w4d, when we got to see it wiggling around on the screen.

Although we have yet to share the news with anyone beyond very close friends and immediate family, we are certainly getting excited to do so. I've been looking online for announcements and of course, can't find anything I love, so... Monogram Shoppe, here I come!

I've been warned by a few girlfriends to "Start Now," "Time Will Fly," "Don't Hesitate!" when it comes to all tasks baby-related. One has even asked me for a tenetive shower date! I have to admit- the room is painted, but other than that, I have no idea what to do next. I'm not sure what protocol for "getting ready for baby" actually is. I do know I have more than few things on my list to complete before September 3rd.



No comments: