Wednesday, August 5, 2009

34 weeks and a golf report

I hit 34 weeks pregnant today! Nothing too exciting to report, but I did get another ultrasound at my appointment. All is well, she's doing great and thankfully, is still a girl. I'm not dilated yet, blood pressure was normal, and her heartbeat was great- 156 beats per minute. My only complaint at this point is that I'm having quite a few contractions and my swelling is not only worsening, but nothing short of severe. I have pitting edema from my toes up to my knees and swelling in my hands and face. Other than that and having a hard time sleeping (who doesn't at the end, right?) I really am feeling good overall, so Kevin and I keep saying that she needs to stay put another 4-5 weeks at the very least! I am bummed we didn't get any pictures from the ultrasound, and the little stinker kept turning away from us so we couldn't see her face.

Here's an update on what the average 34 week baby is like from Baby Center:
Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.


Ok, my confession for the week is that we STILL have not chosen a camera, but we have looked at a ton. I am telling you now that we ARE getting one within the next few days because I have a brunch for this baby girl with some girlfriends on Saturday morning, and Saturday afternoon and evening we have Kevin's cousin, Laura's wedding. It's a kid-friendly wedding so Preston will be with us for part of the reception and I can't wait to see him hit the dancefloor! Not to mention, I need to update with a new belly shot and pics of both kids' rooms. We were lucky enough to get an offer from Matt and Holli to borrow their camera for our little golf outing last week. (Thanks, guys!!) Here are a few shots of him on the links!



No comments: