Friday, August 10, 2007

Big News & Browns and Blues

Ok, lots to update! First and foremost, we've had some major baby developments around here in the past few days...

*WARINING- WARNING- do not read on if you are offended by too much "medical" information regarding the female reproductive process* I lost my mucus plug yesterday. The technical term for it is "bloody show," but I'll leave out the graphic description for the sake of my weak-stomached blog readers. It's considered an "early labor symptom" that occurs when the cervix begins to thin and dilate. Now- apparently, this can happen up to a couple of weeks before labor begins, but on average, it's about a 48 hour warning. I saw the nurse practitioner today since my OB is out of town and she said although my cervix is softening, I'm not any further dilated than I was last week. She informed us that it could be anywhere from 24 hours to another week or more, which is consistent with what we are reading and hearing everywhere else. I've had some slight cramping and lower backache, but no contractions that we can actually time, and I really do think it could be a ways off. I never imagined him coming so early, so this was quite a shock to say the least. To be honest, as "done" as I feel, we are truly hoping he can hold out another week- or at least until Tuesday when Dr. Schwartz is back. This has, however, given us enough of a panic to get some of our last minute things done. The hospital bags are packed by the front door, Kevin has installed the car seat base in the car, and I've been nesting like crazy- making lists and polishing my silver. (Literally.)


Regarding the nesting and one of our previous posts, the nursery is one thing that still seems to be hanging over-head. Without the wall letters (I was able to exchange them, but am still waiting for the new order) and a few other finishing touches, it's still not the completed, restful oasis that I wish it was. But we have, however, made some significant progress considering where we were just a couple of weeks ago...

First and foremost- the changing table is thankfully here and put together. At the time, I thought Kevin might throw it across the room, because anything you assemble, as we all know, just isn't going to be easy. And I do believe he swore off purchasing anything made in China ever again on several occasions.

Here are some pics of what we have so far:








So- all in all- I believe the Erb theme this week is "Getting Closer" .... to both having this baby and finishing his room!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I LOVE the nursery! It looks so great! Can you believe we're only a few weeks away now??

Holli said...

Something about seeing that picture of the changing table with all his little diapers in it made me tear up...it's such a miracle! He'll be here soon!!!