Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Preston's got friends on the way!

And lots of 'em! My friend Betsy just posted about her cute pregnant friends, so I was inspired to copy. I'd like to add that there is definitely something in the water around here (I'd better stick to wine, then- just to be safe) because I have SO many pregnant friends right now it's scary.

First up- we have Erin Spencer... "Chom" to those who know her well.

(She's the one on the right and was very newly pregnant in this photo.)
Erin and Andy are expecting their second baby in early February. They don't know the sex yet, but I'm betting it's a girl. Preston thinks it's a boy.


Next, Kevin's brother Matthew and our sister in law, Heather!

Here's the mama-to-be (also very newly pregnant in this photo) holding Preston when he was only a day old in the hospital. She is Due April 8th, but the baby - (again- they don't yet know the sex) is measuring ahead (What an overacheiver!) so maybe it will come a little early. I also think this one is a girl, but Preston isn't sure yet.


Then comes Holli and Matt Adams- our amazing friends (who are really like family) and live just down the street.
Here they are looking very natural with Preston in the hospital:

They are due on 6/7/08. (I keep hoping the baby will be born on that date at 9:10- how fun!) Poor Holli has had a rough pregnancy- being VERY sick and recently a violent hives breakout. They don't know what they are having yet, but will find out on the 25th of this month, and are keeping their names a secret. (little sneakies.) At one point, I would have bet my life's worth that this one was a girl, but lately, I'm picking up a bit of a boy vibe.


In July, we have Britt and Ben Metzger.

She is on the far left in this photo. Britt and Ben are expecting their THIRD child right around the 4th of July and we are so excited for them! Just like with their first two, they are waiting until delivery to find out the sex of this baby. I'm going with a boy. Preston, too.


In August, we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of Michelle and Ian Byers' 2nd baby.

Here she is with her daughter Abby and me and Preston when he was about 9 weeks old. (If you can't tell from the picture- he hadn't yet grown out of the screaming-phase.) Michelle, an impatient-planner type after my own heart, will also find out the sex of this baby before it comes on the 9th of August. I'm betting boy because she says this pregnancy is unlike her last one. Preston thinks it's another girl.


Also in late August, (or early September) Kevin's brother Mark and our sister in law Nicol, are expecting their second!

(This will be the 11th grandchild on the Erb side and the 3rd one in a 12 month span!) Nicol and Mark are planning on finding out the sex of this baby. I think it's a boy and Preston thinks so too. He says he needs another boy cousin to play with.

I have to admit- I know of at least one other pregnancy that is still on the "down low" for late summer/early fall, but I can't disclose it yet... :) It's amazing how babies come in waves, huh? I did hear that we are in the middle of another baby boom generation. Looks like our friends and family got the memo.


In Preston news, he had his well-baby check yesterday at the doctor and now weighs 15lbs, 4 oz and is 25 and a quarter inches long! Where has my little peanut gone?! Before you know it, I will have major newborn-fever and join in the ranks of the names above. ...Ok, not "before you know it," but eventually. Maybe we'll wait until Preston is old enough to get up in the night with a new baby- you know- because with his sleep schedule, there is a good chance he'll be awake anyways. :)

No comments: