Saturday, September 12, 2009

The week in pictures





Cecilia's first week has flown by! She's really been (knocking HARD on wood here) extremely pleasant and ....dare I say it?.....easy. She's had happy and alert awake time, is nursing great and sleeping well, too. She's gaining weight really well, too. At birth, she was 6lbs, 5oz, when we left the hospital on Monday, she was 5lbs 14oz, then at her doctor's appt on Thursday morning, she was up to 6lbs 10 oz! Preston has been amazing with her and is enjoying his new role as a big brother. He loves watching her sleep, telling us when her eyes open, & pointing out her "tiny ears!" "tiny hands!" and "tiny nose!" We took a walk the other day, and I had CeCe in the sling, while Preston was in the jogging stroller. And at one point, he realized he couldn't see her and wasn't sure if she was even with us, so he whipped his head around and in a panic, flung out his arms and looked at us saying, "Wait! CeCe with us!" I explained I had her in the sling and she was right there, which made him more comfortable and content.

Tomorrow is our 6 year wedding anniversary, and I can't help but wonder what we would have thought if someone had told us 6 years ago that at this point, we'd be the proud parents of two beautiful babies. I am so fortunate to have a partner that is both willing and able to take time off to be with us and bond with his new daughter this week. He's such a wonderful dad to both and has been so incredibly helpful to me around the house these past few days as we settle in at home. All around me, I am overwhelmed with love. I keep looking at Kevin and saying, "I just feel so happy."

Enough of my sappiness... here are some pictures of the last week!






4 comments:

Lisa said...

She's gorgeous, Erin! And Preston is so adorable with her.....

Maya said...

Erin she's gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

Love all of this!!!! Both of the kids are just beautiful. : )

PS My heart is singing that my baby blanket to you made it on the blog.

Bets

Alyssa G said...

She looks just like Preston and is gorgeous! Ah, new baby love!!